What are Design Days?
Design Days give you the opportunity to reserve me for a full- or half-day to complete tasks on your marketing to-do list. These days are transparent in cost and the hours it takes to complete several projects so there are no surprises. It’s an efficient way to partner with a professional and elevate your current brand with cohesive assets, collateral and materials. You are my only focus for the time we’ve booked and reap the benefits:
- Devoted time and increased productivity
- No more wondering if projects are “out of scope” for your contract
- Transparency and collaboration with your designer
Is Design Day a good fit for my business?
- You need a dedicated designer with 15 years experience to thoughtfully execute a variety of projects at one price
- You want no surprises when it comes to hours and cost for completing design projects
- You need a trusted partner to help guide your content and stay consistent with your brand
- You need to budget and plan for marketing costs for your small business
- Not ready to invest in a higher cost package
How do Design Days work?
Design Days are held on Thursdays and booked in advance. Before our day arrives, we have a clear and approved punch list of projects we’ll be tasked with completing in our time together. We have a 30-minute call to ensure everyone is on the same page and answer any remaining questions. Clients aren’t required to be tied to their desk! We have a check-in at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. for review, feedback and refinements.A quick look at how the day looks:
- Our work day together begins at 8 a.m. (PST).
- First proofs are circulated at 11 a.m. with feedback due by 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Final proofs are circulated by 3 p.m. with final edits due by 3:30 p.m. (PST)
- Final adjustments are completed and files are shared by next morning after balance is paid
Examples of projects for Design Days
- PDF designs
- Ad design
- Business card design
- Marketing collateral like brochures and flyers
- Packaging design
- Pattern design
- Postcard/mailer design
- Social media graphics
- Blog graphics
- Signage and tradeshow materials
- Event stationery
- And more!
Examples of projects that are not good for design days
- Brand design
- Custom icon design
- Logo design
- Website or opt-in design
design day rates
- Full-day (7 hours): $1,050
- Half-day (4 hours): $640